Merchant Rentals Limited are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Processing of Personal Data
The Company will hold personal data about you which is required for the purposes of your application for any roles, your employment and to allow you to undertake your role. The information held will be obtained from you and from third parties who provide details we need for the purposes of your employment or considering you for employment. These third parties may include your referees, your GP, occupational health advisers, the advisers who provide services to allow us to consider applications (such a psychometric tests). The information held will be –
- Personnel details such as name, address, date of birth
- Your bank account details;
- Reference information and right to work details;
- Next of kin;
- Health information relating to your employment or benefits;
- Records of your employment (including performance assessments);
This list is not exhaustive and we reserve the right to hold any data which also relates to your employment.
The Company will process the information for purposes properly related to the assessment of an application for a role, performance of your contract of employment, continuing employment, its termination or the conduct of the Company’s business, including, but not limited to, payroll, human resources and business continuity planning purposes. Your information may be passed to the Company’s clients or suppliers as part of your employment and they may process this as they have a legitimate interest to do so. The Company will also allow third parties to process information from it subject to proper protections.
The Company or any associated company may process sensitive personal data relating to you, for example sickness absence records, medical reports, details of criminal convictions and equal opportunities monitoring data, as necessary for the performance of your contract of employment or my continuing employment or its termination or the conduct of the Company’s business.
Personal Data Use
This section confirms how the Company collects information, uses the information about you, the basis on which it collects it and your rights.
The information we hold is collected and managed by the following companies –
- Merchant Rentals will collect your information from you.
Merchant Rentals registered office is at Westway Park, Galway Crescent, Haydock, WA11 0GR. The Data Protection Officer is Rob Gaskell and they can be contacted via email on email@example.com
Our data management is carried out to ensure that compliance with this notice and the data protection rules.
The personal information the Company collects and holds
The Company holds your personal data for the purposes of your employment and job role (together with any benefits you may have).
How the Company use and disclosure personal information
The Company and third parties may use your personal data for the following the purposes:
- To assess an application for a role by you;
- Allowing you to perform your job role;
- To pay your salary and provide other benefits (such as pensions) to you;
- To inform you or other roles which may be of interest to you;
This list is not exhaustive.
How long will we hold your personal information (Employees only)
The Company will hold the personal information it uses to consider entering an agreement (or new agreement) with you or to meet the requirements of its agreement with you for the period of the agreement and any further period afterwards that it needs for regulatory or other legal reasons (such as where required to do so by law). This will usually mean that it will hold information for seven years after an agreement ends. The Company will remove any personal information when it no longer needs it.
For applicants who are unsuccessful in their application or withdraw before commencing employment, we will hold your personal information for a period of 12 months. You will be kept in our talent bank, should other suitable vacancies arise.
Where the Company has personal information which you have consented for it to use it will hold it for the period the consent remains in force and any other period necessary for regulatory or other legal reasons. You may remove your consent at any time.
The Company will delete any information about you when it is no longer needed. Please see below in relation to your rights to have data erased, rectified or for you to access it and for you to object to any processing or to transfer it.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. These are –
- The right to confirm if we are using data about you and to access details about what the Company is using and how;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office;
- The right to request the Company rectify any inaccurate data or to have data which is incomplete for the purpose we hold it completed;
- The right to be forgotten. Which is the right to ask the Company to delete information about you and if it is appropriate to do so it will do so;
- The right to restrict what the Company does with data in specific circumstances, including where the accuracy of the data is contested, processing is unlawful but you do not want the Company to erase the data or if it only needs the data to meet legal requirements;
- The right to receive the data the Company holds about you in a format you can use to transfer the data electronically elsewhere.
If you have any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by sending an e-mail to the HR contact if you are employed or the Data Protection Officer if you have applied for a role.
(Please note that because of the insecure nature of emails we cannot accept any responsibility for data lost or intercepted in transit.)
Or contact the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org