At Merchant Rentals, we are committed to providing the highest standard of service at all times. Occasionally, we make mistakes which may not come to our attention unless you tell us about it. To ensure that we deal with your complaint efficiently, and to your satisfaction, we have a complaints procedure which is detailed below for your information.
“How do I complain?”
In the first instance, you should talk to a member of Merchant Rentals staff about your concerns on 01942 407980.
This will give them the opportunity to resolve your complaint on the spot. The best person to speak to is the staff member who has already dealt with the matter you are concerned about, as they will be in the most knowledgeable position to help you quickly. If a swift solution is not possible, for example further information is required from other sources, we will arrange a mutually convenient time to call you back. If the person you have previously spoken to is not available, or you prefer to speak to someone else, please ask for their Line Manager or the Complaints Department.
You may prefer to write in with your complaint, our address is as follows:
Or email us at [email protected]
“How will my complaint be dealt with?”
Once your complaint has been received in writing we will:
- Acknowledge receipt of your complaint in writing within three business days of receiving it.
- Assess the subject matter and investigate the details fully and efficiently.
- Respond to you within the given timescale or advise you promptly if this will not be possible and why.
- Endeavour to ensure that you are satisfied that your complaint has been dealt with competently and fairly.
- If we cannot reach an agreement with you, we will write to you within eight weeks, clearly stating our position with regard to your complaint.
“What can I do if I am dissatisfied with the results of the investigation?”
If you are not happy with the outcome of the investigation by Merchant Rentals you may contact the Financial Ombudsman Service. You have the right to refer the dispute to them within six months of our final decision if you are unhappy with our response.
For more information about the Financial Ombudsman Service, visit www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk or telephone 0845 080 1800.
Finally, we do not look on complaints as unwanted. Your feedback will help us to improve the fair and quality service we are committed to providing, so please do contact us if you are not happy with any aspect of our business practice.